Resources and Links
Here you will find links to a wide variety of maternity links, information about resources and about organisations that could support you.
Mental Health & Wellbeing support
- NHS Mental health in pregnancy
- Elefriends: online support forum and ideas of how to cope with big feelings
- Silver Cloud offers a number of online programmes to help ease stress levels, improve sleep or build resilience. It is available to all Greater Manchester residents for free. Each programme uses proven methods, including cognitive behavioural therapy, and all information entered is anonymous, confidential and secure.
- Netmums A website offering support and information on all aspects of parenting, to pregnancy and beyond. There is a specific section of the website offering support with details of where to find local and national support in person and online, including local resources and support groups.
- National Childbirth Trust Helpline: 0300 330 0772. Advice, support and counseling on all aspects of pregnancy, childbirth and early parenthood.
- Spoons – neonatal support for families in Greater Manchester
- For further neonatal support, please click here for a list of resources from the North West Neonatal Operational Delivery Network.
- Dadmatters Tameside based organisation to support dads with their mental health and parent infant relationships. Offer web based and 1:1 support. Visit the Dadmatters YouTube page for videos made by dads for dads about becoming and adjusting to being a father.
- NHS England and NHS Improvement perinatal mental health awareness video https://youtu.be/3xTfgAMjC7Q
- Best Beginnings Out of the Blue is a series of videos designed to address and support parents who may be experiencing a wide range of mental health problems
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists Use the search box for resources. Full links to two are here:
- Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership, Mental Health Hub Page – General Mental Wellbeing section and Perinatal and Parent Infant Mental Health section. Also see Pregnancy, Family and Mental Health.
- PANDAS: Pre and Postnatal Depression Advice and Support
- Association for Postnatal illness Tel: 020 7386 0868 Telephone helpline and information leaflets for women with postnatal mental illness.
- Ideas for parents to take emotional care of themselves – Oxford Parent Infant Project
Mental Health and Wellbeing support apps:
- Calmharm app free to download full of ideas of how to ride the wave of distress safely.
- Cove app free to download , this app enables you to create and use music to express how you are feeling
- Thrive app free to download, this app uses games to help you learn how to better manage your emotions.